McKenzie College is a close-knit community of creative, compassionate individuals who are invested in supporting students to strive to become the best versions of themselves. Learn more about our current opportunities and become part of the McKenzie College team.
Job title: College Instructors- Interactive Design (NOC 41210)
Founded in 1988, McKenzie College is a premier private educational institution that offers industry-relevant training in a variety of certificate and diploma programs. With highly recognized programs in Art, Design, Animation and English as a second language, McKenzie College has become known for providing young minds the inspiration and technical skills necessary to become great artists and designers. Our College offers quality education rooted in social responsibility, practical experience and community and business connections.
We are currently looking for a highly experienced, dynamic, and highly creative UI/UX Design Instructor who has a passion for sharing their expertise and experiences to facilitate the delivery of quality education for the Interactive UI/UX Design program of the college.
Location: Moncton, NB
Start date: October 2023
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28-$31/hour (commensurate with experience and program revenue)
UI/UX: at least 3 years (required)
Instructing: at least 3 year (required)
Language: English. Second language would be an strong asset but not required
Schedule: 30-40 hours/week Monday to Friday
About the Role
As a program Instructor, you are going to contribute to the program design, responsible for the curriculum preparation and teaching to ensure the content is delivered to our high standard and set up for students’ success. You will be dedicated to creating an inclusive, encouraging and supportive learning environment for our diverse student body. You are expected to be motivated to suggest improvements for the curriculum, and be excited to collaborate with the college team. As the program Instructor, you will:
• Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, seminars, case studies, independent or group projects; Help students with resolve issues and coach through issues and problem-solving
• Advise students on program curricula and career decisions; Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
• Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate student’s progress;
• Be responsible for the increase of the program enrolment through international student recruitment
• Create an inclusive and positive environment and enhance students’ learning experience
• Recommend improvement of the course curriculum
• May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
Education and Skills Requirements:
• A master degree in UI/UX Design, Visual Art or Design.
• A minimum of 3 years of interactive design experience
• A minimum of 3 year of instructional experience or hold a training certificate in adult education.
• Proficient in Unity, Arduino, Processing and other related interactive software and devices, as well as any other technical skills necessary to train the students to become successful interactive designers.
• Deep understanding of interactive design in both academia and the commercial field. Proficient in the technical and theory translation of the course.
• Results-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
• Strong organizational, research, and accuracy skills.
• Sharp listening skills and critical thinking.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications.
• Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations.
• Committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
How to Apply
Please Email email@example.com Please send your resume, portfolio and anything else you’d like to provide us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.